Thursday, February 7, 2008

A time for prayer

O, God!

Despite a great many prayers to You we are continually losing our wars. Tomorrow we shall again be fighting a battle that is truly great. With all our might we need Your help and that is why I must tell You something: This battle tomorrow is going to be a serious affair. There will be no place for children. Therefore I must ask You not to send Your Son to help us. Come Yourself.

The prayer of Koq, leader of the Griquas tribe, before a battle with the Afrikaners in 1876.



2 comments:

Sylvia Dickey Smith said...

The title of your blog caught my attention--then I went on over to your blog and found out we have similar 'hates.'

I must admit, I am out of touch with what is going on in South Africa. Texas is indeed a long way away. But your book has caught my attention. I look forward to reading it! Take care, and enjoy those Swedish spring fashions!!
Syl

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerrie,

I particularly enjoyed this post!

Kind regards
Sean "Mac" McSweeney
smcs@tiscali.co.za