Sunday, January 27, 2008

Long Live the Dead

I decided to become a spokesperson for the dead. We hear too little from them. They get exploited by so-called mediums as well as TV-personalities and nobody deems it fit to challenge their point of view. Enough I say. From now on I will fight for the rights of our dearly departed and endeavor to make exploitation of the said group as unfashionable as seal clubbing. They have basic rights to decency and privacy, something that everyone seems to ignore.

I find it immensely satisfying that my grandparents and parents are now being exposed as blatant bloody liars. They were the ones that repeatedly told me that no such thing as “ghosts” exist and I knew all along that they were lying. (I’ll bet anything that they were silently shit-scared themselves when telling me not to be silly)

I’ve always been a little bit fey and have grown used to my “friends” showing up at all times and hanging around, reading over my shoulder when I type. The telltale signs of activity is normally associated with a sudden drop in temperature (I physically shiver) and the hairs on the back of my neck rising. Whenever this happens I just casually say “hi” and have yet to get an answer back. It does not matter. I feel their presence and seldom feel threatened as most are not malevolent entities. When I do feel threatened I firmly tell them to leave me alone and that have worked until now. I believe they have manners.

What really gets my goat are these dumb pricks on TV asking spirits to either give them a sign or show themselves. Can’t they realize that a request like that is about as on par as an Earthling accepting an invitation from a bunch of Aliens to come for an anal probe? Would you go willingly for such an encounter? I sure as hell would decline.

Leave the dead alone. They guard over us.

No comments: